THE PURSUIT OF GOD'S WISDOM
"Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him." - Proverbs 26:12
By Synthia Esther
Gnosticism is a Pagan religion holding deep reverence for the Earth as a living entitiy unto itself, which is a core teaching within the "Gaia Theory." Proposed by James Lovelock as the earth's feedback hypothesis, it was named the 'Gaia Theory,' after the Greek supreme goddess of the Earth. Described as viewing the Earth as a single organism, the ecological hypothesis (now put forth as scientific theory by supporters), contends the biosphere and the physical components of the Earth, which includes the atmosphere, cryosphere, hydrosphere and lithospere, are integrated to form a complex interacting system.
*Earth worship holds both reverence and revered wisdom for pagan converts. Deity worship yeilding wisdom is brought forth by the feminine principal of God as personified by intermediary beings such as the *"goddess Sophia," who represents the source of life and being according to Gnostic believers. Also termed as Demiurg, or Logos. Those who maintain theosophical leanings of Paganism, New Age, Hinduism, and Buddhism, place "divine nature" (pantheism), as part of the god-head of humanity and creation.
* WISDOM AND THE GNOSTIC GODDESS SOPHIA
The Dictionary of The Esoteric, Wakins Publishing, Nevill Drury, page 289:
"In Gnosticiam, the female personification of Divine Wisdom. In the Gnosis of Valentinus, she is an archetype of the Great Mother; and in some Gnostic cosmologies bears resemblance to the Virgin Mary. Sophia is sometimes referred to as the female logos."
* Earth Worship: reference our educational website page concerning God's word and these other worldly, metaphysical views and opinions by clicking our hyperlink:
"New Age - Oneness""
As for false Pagan belief systems of convoluted man made theory? God's word says to tell them this:
"These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens. But God made the earth by His power; He founded the world by His wisdom and streched out the heavens by His understanding," (Jeremiah 10:11-12). "For the Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding," (Proverbs 2:6).
OUR HOLY FATHER'S WISDOM
The pursuit of God's wisdom brings security. Do you seek wisdom, knowledge, truth, and understanding? These are gifts from God, not the goddess Sophia. God will "guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to God's instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life," (Proverbs 4:11-13). "My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; And the length of days and years of life, And peace they will add to you, (Proverbs 3:1-2). "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body, and refreshment to your bones," (Proverbs 3:5-8).
Proverbs chapter 2, giving insight and enlightment into our Holy Father's wisdom and instruction:
(1) My Son, if you will receive my sayings, And Treasure my commandments within you,
(2) Make your ear attentive to wisdom, incline your heart to understanding;
(3) For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding;
(4) If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures;
(5) Then you will discern the fear of the Lord, And discover the knowledge of God.
(6) For The Lord gives widom; From his mouth come knowledge and undersatnding.
(7) He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
(8) Guarding hte paths of justice, And He preserveds the way of His godly ones.
(9) Then you will discern rigtheousness and justice And equity and every good course.
(10) For Wisdom will enter your hear, And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
(11) Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you,
(12) To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things;
(13) From those who leave the paths of uprightness, To walk in the ways of darkness;
(14) Who delight in doing evil, And rejoice in the perversity of evil;
(15) Whose paths are crooked, And who are devious in their ways;
(16) To deliver you from strange woman, From the adulteress who flatters with her words;
(17) That leaves the companion of her youth, And forgets the covenant of Her God;
(18) For her house sinks down to death, And her tracks lead to the dead;
(19) None who go to her return again, Nor do they reach the paths of life.
(20) So you will walk int he way of good men, And keep to the paths of the righteous.
(21) For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it;
(22) But the wicked will be cut off from the land, And the treacherous will be uprooted from it.
* Holy Bible - New American Standard
* For more information on how you can accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please visit our salvation resource page by clicking our hyperlink: "A Free Gift!"
Copyright - 2009-2010, Synthia Esther. All Rights Reserved.